Purchase Application Checklist
You will need to gather a variety of information while applying for a home loan. This helpful checklist will give you an idea of what documents you may be asked to provide.
- Full legal name
- Social Security number and date of birth.
- Current housing information (if applicable). For homeowners – current mortgage statement, homeowner’s insurance statement, real estate tax bill and HOA statement (if applicable). For renters – current address, number of years at current address, the name and address of your landlord and current monthly rent. If you have lived at your current address for less than two full years, please provide the above information for the past two years.
- Employment verification – Name, dates of employment, position, address and telephone number of your employers for the past two full years.
- Income Verification – Your most recent two pay stubs as well as your W-2’s for the past two years.
- Self employment documents – If self employed, last two years of your personal and business tax returns.
- Bank account information – Previous two months bank statements. Please include all pages of each statement even if a page is blank.
- Investment account information – Previous two months of all investment account statements. Please include all pages of each statement even if a page is blank.
- Retirement account information – Previous two months of all retirement account statements. Please include all pages of each statement even if a page is blank.
Information About The Home You Are Purchasing
- Contract – Copy of the fully executed sales contract
- Escrow deposit – Proof of your escrow/earnest money deposit and information as to who is holding that deposit.